DHI DFKI SUCCESS STORY
Digital Innovation Hubs (DIHs) are the core of the Digitising European Industry initiative. They are the ones which are already helping other companies (specially SMEs) to transform their services, products and processes through innovative techniques. They are a unique regional structure. Any company can easily benefit from their specialised support when it comes to understanding how can they access digital technologies, and how to finance and boost investments needed to address the digital transformation of the business. Learn more about our DIHs here.
The German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI), with sites in Kaiserslautern, Saarbruecken, Bremen (with an associated branch in Osnabrueck) and a project office in Berlin, is the leading German research institute in the field of innovative software technology. In the international scientific community, DFKI ranks among the most recognized “Centers of Excellence” and currently is the biggest research center worldwide in the area of Artificial Intelligence and its application in terms of number of employees and the volume of external funds. DFKI projects cover the whole spectrum from application-oriented basic research to market- and client-oriented design of product functions.
As an internationally renowned Center of Excellence for innovative software systems based on Artificial Intelligence (AI) methods we are offering the following services with more than 30 years of experience in basic and applied R&D:
• Technology transfer of award-winning research results of DFKI
• Innovation coaching and start-up consulting in the PPP sector
• Individual design, development and implementation of innovative application solutions
• Market studies, expert surveys, feasibility analysis and empirical user studies
• Component development with AI functionality enhancing performance of complex software systems
• Scientific advice on the selection and implementation of complex software solutions
• Customization, implementation, deployment and maintenance of our AI solutions
• Scientific evaluation and benchmarking of software solutions
• Application-oriented basic research
• Independent assessment of IT security and privacy
• Technology workshops, training and practice
• Scientific monitoring of data collections and their evaluation
• Business engineering: Process analysis and development
• Innovation coaching and turnaround management
• Strategic and technical Due Diligence consulting for companies in the IT sector
• Technical and organisational support for the standardisation in the IT sector (including W3C, ISO)
• Design, construction and operation of Living Labs
In the past, DFKI has participated in the CloudFlow and CaxMan projects within the H2020 programme. In both cases we acted as technical advisors and supplied essential technical components in addition to our know-how: The infrastructure´s core component for workflow creation (cloud flow) and the adaptation of this infrastructure to special requirements regarding adaptive manufacturing (CaxMan) originate from DFKI. Furthermore we dealt with the topics “Standardization of CAD data structures” and “Data Management” within the CaxMan project.
The companies within the CloudiFacturing project benefit from our vast experience and our international network. Thus we can guarantee an optimal consulting, support and networking. In addition, we actively participate as a technical partner in the implementation of the project.
The region DFKI Digital Innovation Hub is responsible for is the north-west of Europe.
Trippstadter Straße 122
Tel.: +49 (0)631 / 205 75-0
Fax: +49 (0)631 / 205 75-5030
Contact for the north-west of Europe: